Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Day Eight: Sharing Knowledge

So today I continued with the method using time slots to control my focus, this made what is normally my time loss of a day where I have to put flyers in papers and deliver to one of my rounds far more efficient. This was because I was able to get my seconded round done too. This is normal something I do the following day but with time slots making time was easy and frees up time tomorrow so it will not be lingering over fun things. (Reading this back its a lot cooler for me it you reading this you properly don't care.)


This said it left less time for projects, in fact no work was done on projects to day instead I spend some time with my Raspberry Pi trying raspbmc the version of xbmc. Its pretty much a media centre but that not the part that interested me, I mainly wanted to test the airplay feature, something I have on the Apple TV in the living room and I wanted to see how it held up on a non Apple device. After some testing my opinion is, it's not great seen as you're only saving about £70 for a buggy solution with no mirroring but more that this I think its a waste of your Raspberry Pi there are far cooler things for the little computer to do. So I put Debian on it, as I was missing a UI form using Arch the OS I was using before.


Next and properly the last thing worth talking about today was retuning to my old comprehensive school to show my old IT teacher the Raspberry Pi. The Pi has been intended for schools and my old teacher is interested in using them and when he found out though my little brother I had one on order he asked if I bring it in sometime. I was very happy that he was showing interest as it something I would have loved to had when I was in school, so I gave him a quick rundown of it showing it him working and all that jazz, was there for while, it was great to be able to aid a teachers interest in introducing the Raspberry Pi in schools.


That about it for today time for the quote and its from the great scientist Albert Einstein, it about knowledge and fits in nicely with my demonstration I gave today:


The only source of knowledge is experience.



So bit of a short today but as always follow me on twitter @CDSteer and I will be back with more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment